Saturday, October 18, 2008

Beef Strips With Robert Sauce

This is a wee easy dish that I got after watching Huey's Cooking one night. He used whole staek, but I decided to to use strips of beef. The sauce is close to what I remember seeing on the show, but the main thing is that it tastes very good. This is now one of my favourite meals.



Ingredients:

1 onion
5 big mushrooms
about 800gm of beef strips
1 heaped teaspoon of garlic (or 2 cloves)
1 teaspoon of hot english mustard
3 Tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
1 tin of chopped tomatoes
1/2 small tub of thickened cream
1 cup of beef stock
some chopped parsley
potatoes for baking or roasting

Method:

Fry meat in an oiled pan until browned and then take the meat out and put it in a bowl.

Put all ingredients, apart from meat, into the same pan used to fry the meat and then simmer for a few minutes. Add meat and simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes.

Serve with baked or roast potatoes.

Lick your plate clean after you have finished. Yum! :)

2 comments:

Karen said...

Oh my gosh! I tried this recipe for my husband and he absolutely loved it! The flavors all blend together so well and the beef was really, really tender. I served it with potatoes and sauteed asparagus and we enjoyed a wonderful dinner together! I can't wait to try some of Maureen's other recipes. The chicken potato bake really looks yummie too! Keep up the good work Maureen! Karen

Maureen said...

I am so glad that you tried my recipe. I am sure that sauteed asparagus would be nice too. We normally have green beans.

The reason I published this recipe is because it is simple and easy. I don't like recipes with too many ingredients, as it just becomes too hard. You can expect some more simple and yummy recipes soon.

The chicken potato bake certainly is a tasty dish. It is my boyfriend's favourite. I made it for some of his family when we went to Adelaide, and they all loved it too.